The AI Strategy
The Federal Government commits to achieving leading global excellence in AI chammpions a human-centric approach in the development and application of AI in the world of work .
The Federal Government AI Strategy applies a holistic approach and covers a total of twelve fields of action. The focal areas are:
- Strengthening research in Germany and Europe
- Accelerating the transfer of research findings to business
- Promoting the availability of skilled workers and experts
- Actively shaping structural change in business and the labour market
- Creating the framework for the ethical use of artificial intelligence
- Enhancing European and international cooperation on AI-related issues
- Promoting social dialogue on the opportunities and effects of artificial intelligence
BMAS is joint lead agency for the Federal Government AI Strategy together with the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi). In July 2018, the three ministries jointly presented key points for the strategy with twelve action areas. Some 200 national associations, organisations and institutions were invited to comment on the twelve fields of action in a comprehensive consultation process. More than a hundred submitted their comments in the online-based process. The Digital Cabinet adopted the AI Strategy on 15 November. The projects and measures outlined in the strategy are to be implemented over the next three years.